Replacing your old door with a new commercial door is a great opportunity to set a positive tone for your customers, while also providing protection and functionality.
In this blog, we discuss how your old door could be costing you money and why you should consider replacement from a cost-benefit perspective.
1. Replacement Doors Improve Energy Efficiency
Heating and cooling commercial buildings account for roughly 30% of your business’s energy usage. Old doors that operate slowly or have inadequate seals can cause significant energy loss and lead to expensive utility bills.
Replacing your old door with a modern, energy-efficient commercial door can help your business or facility minimize energy loss, saving you money every month.
The benefits of commercial door replacement are particularly evident in winter months when your door has an air leak and your climate control system is forced to work harder to maintain a comfortable temperature.
There are many factors to determine if your door is energy-efficient, including longevity, materials used to construct the door, and how well the door will withstand extreme weather. Door sweeps, perimeter seals, and door closers are also important details in making sure your door properly closes. If your old door is faulty in any of these areas, it could be wasting energy and affecting your bottom line.
Preventative maintenance is also an important part of keeping your commercial door looking great. Learn how A.C.E. Building Service can help!
2. Commercial Door Replacement Offers Advancements in Security
It’s essential to invest in a properly installed security system that is both reliable and durable. New commercial doors are designed to provide maximum security to buildings and establishments, giving you peace of mind that your business is safe.
Door security is better than ever with advanced technology like automated locking systems and keypad door locks. These systems give multiple people access to a secure area without having to give everyone a key. They also significantly lower the possibility of burglars picking or forcing entry, saving you costs associated with theft.
A.C.E. Building Service can help you determine what security door and locking system will best fit your business or facility. The size of your facility, where your business is located, and entrance visibility are all topics we will address as we help you make this important decision.
3. New Commercial Entry Doors Boost Curb Appeal
You want your customers to come back, so it’s important to have a door that looks welcoming and doesn’t hit them on the way out.
Upgrading to a new commercial entry door is a great low-cost way to not only save money on energy bills but also improve your business curb appeal.
There are many options to customize your replacement entry door to fit the overall look and flow of your business.
As you consider the right entry door for your business, there are several types and design elements to consider:
- Commercial and industrial doors come in countless sizes, materials, and colors.
- A variety of finishes are available, including wood stainless-steel, aluminum, and fiberglass.
- Aluminum framed glass doors look sleek while also giving visual access and light even when the door is closed.
- High-speed roll-up doors allow products, people, and equipment to move throughout your facility with ease.
No matter what type of entry door you’re looking for, A.C.E. Building Service can help you find one that is both functional and visually appealing. And don’t forget, your new entry door can also double as a great advertising opportunity!
4. Replacement Door Customization Options are Endless
Customizing your commercial door is not only important for aesthetic reasons but also for functionality.
You’ll save yourself repair costs if you understand why a certain material or style of door will work best for your facility.
- If your building is up against strong weather conditions, investing in more durable door materials like steel or fiberglass may be the right choice. These types of doors are designed to withstand harsh conditions and require little maintenance.
- Overhead doors are sometimes the lifeblood of manufacturing facilities and warehouses. Let us help you to determine what style of overhead door will best suit your needs. .
- If you own a garage, service center, or have a door in your facility that cycles very often, the door operation and material selections are very important.
- For freezer and cooler applications, the door type and operation method is extremely important. Selecting the wrong door can lead to significant energy loss, condensation issues, quality control concerns, and even improper door operation.
It’s also important to pay attention to the little details such as closers, hinges, lock functions, and panic bars. The selection of quality products will save you money over time and protect your investment.
The door to your business is important. It’s the first and last thing your customers see and has the power to leave a lasting impression. Whether this is a good or bad impression is up to you!
Whether you are looking for cost savings or determining if door installation will require building modifications—A.C.E. Building Service can help. Call today if you are ready to replace that old door and start saving money!